Friday, October 16, 2009

Walk-ovah'-er

Today I took a stroll several blocks down to my friendly neighborhood bank to make a deposit. on the way there was a low hanging branch that looked to be of sufficient girth, so i looked around to make sure there were no famous people, and upon seeing that there was not, I did a nice swing off of it.
At the bank I stopped to write out a deposit slip and endorse some checks, and as I went to get in the line I was narrowly beaten to the punch by a man with a dog. I was a little taken aback that there was a dog in the bank line, and I saw the bank men in suits giving the stink eyes to the idea as well.
when asked if he had a debit card to verify his account, the man proudly stated(almost verbatim): "No, I don't have a debit card, I used one once in the seventies, and that was enough for me".

In other news, I taught my dog how to stand up on her hind legs for a treat (one step closer to the ultimate goal of the backwards hop"

No comments:

Post a Comment